Dates: November 6 & 7, 2015
Location: Southwest Behavioral Health Center | 474 West 200 North, St. George, UT 84770
Time: 9:00-4:30 (Sign in starts at 8:30)
Cost: Last day of Registration is Oct. 16th, 2015
$100 for UAPT Members
$70 for Students
This two- day workshop is an introduction to using expressive arts in play therapy. Instead of traditional talk therapy, Expressive Arts Play Therapy uses all the possible expressive modalities, thereby utilizing all of the client’s capabilities in the healing process. The workshop will be experiential in nature and allow each participant to have the opportunity to experience a variety of play therapy therapeutic interventions. The interventions will utilize expressive arts such as art, music, writing, puppets, movement, etc. Come and learn how the expressive arts and the creative process help in the healing process. Dress comfortable and be prepared to play for two days.
Learning Objectives of Workshop
The participant will:
• Understand how to use expressive play therapy in a therapeutic play therapy session
• Participate in a variety of expressive art exercises to increase therapeutic skills is the use of art, music, writing, and other expressive arts
• Learn creative play therapy interventions utilizing expressive arts
• Learn the role of imagination and creativity in the healing arts
• Understand the limits of Expressive Play Therapy
• Understand how expressing inner feelings by creating outward images helps in the healing process
This is a 2-day experiential workshop. No prerequisites are required. Twelve Continuing Education credits are available.
John Burr is a Licensed Clinical Social Worker and Registered Play Therapist-Supervisor. He earned his MSW from Brigham Young University. John currently resides in Utah and has been a practicing therapist for 28 years, with 18 of those years being in private practice. He was fortunate to learn the art of expressive play therapy while a graduate intern and has continued to learn and perfect his skills. John has served as a board member of the Utah Association for Play Therapy for the past 18 years. John specializes in using expressive arts therapy with children, adolescents, and adults. He teaches a series of Expressive Sandplay Therapy workshops and is affectionately known as the “sandman”. He has been teaching workshops for 15 years and is a popular presenter.
12 CEU’s.and APT credits
APT Provider #98-306
No onsite registration available