- This event has passed.
The Building Blocks of Play Therapy
February 23 @ 9:00 am - 4:30 pm$35.00 - $85.00
Registration begins at 8:30. Conference begins at 9:00 and will end at 4:30.
Are you new to play therapy or a seasoned veteran that could use a refresher? Then this conference is for you! Come learn about the importance of play and the history of play therapy. We will be discussing some basic play therapy skills as well as theory specific techniques. Participants will learn the basics of 5 theoretical models and how to apply them by comparing their use through a single case study.
- Participants will learn the history of and rationale behind the use of play therapy.
- Participants will learn and practice basic play therapy skills.
- Participants will come to understand the stages of play therapy in general as well as within specific theoretical models.
- Participants will learn the basics of several theoretical models and how to apply each model to play therapy.
- Participants will learn specific interventions to use with individuals in play therapy based on each theory explored.
Heather Stephenson graduated with her bachelors in Psychology from Utah State University in 2001. After taking some time off to start a family she went back to school and received her Masters in Counseling from the University of Phoenix in 2009. It was during her master’s program that she learned about play therapy and began to work on her RPT. She finished up her RPT requirements in 2012 and began serving on the Utah Play Therapy Board in 2013. She is the current Vice President and will become President of the board in April. Heather has been in private practice for 8 years in Logan, Utah and enjoys working with a variety of clientele. In her spare time she enjoys spending time with her family and engaging in various fitness activities.