AutPlay Therapy: Introduction and Foundations – Live Webinar – January 29, 2021
January 29 @ 2:00 am - 10:00 am$150.00
AutPlay® Therapy: Introduction and Foundations
January 29, 2021
9:00AM to 4:30PM
Registration Fee: $150.00
Description: This training presents an introduction to the AutPlay Therapy treatment approach, a Play Therapy and Behavioral Therapy approach to working with children and adolescents with autism spectrum disorder (ASD), neurodevelopmental disorders, and other developmental disabilities. The phases of treatment, primary and secondary target goals, and parent involvement will be covered. Several play therapy interventions designed for children with ASD will also be presented through experiential participation, session clips, and case examples. NOTE: Participants will have the opportunity to count this one-day training toward the full AutPlay Therapy Certification training. After attending the one-day Introduction and Foundations training, participants will be given access to the home study course at a discounted rate to complete the full AutPlay Therapy Certification.
1) Participants will be able to identify the components of AutPlay Therapy including the phases of treatment and parent/family involvement.
2) Participants will be able to outline the theoretical underpinnings of AutPlay Therapy including play therapy models and behavioral therapy.
3) Participants will be able to demonstrate the assessment process in AutPlay Therapy, including conducting an autism screening.
4) Participants will be able to identify play deficits and how to structure effective play therapy interventions for children with ASD.
5) Participants will be able to explain the three primary and three secondary target treatment areas in AutPlay Therapy.
6) Participants will be able to list several play therapy interventions used in AutPlay Therapy.
Early Morning Session – Understanding ASD and neurodevelopmental disorders, play deficits, and treatment approaches. Morning Break Late Morning Session – Understanding AutPlay Therapy, phases of treatment, theoretical underpinnings, and parent involvement.
Lunch Break Early Afternoon Session – Assessment in Autplay Therapy, autism screenings, and designing effective play therapy interventions.
Afternoon Break Late Afternoon Session – Experiential play therapy interventions, session clips, and case examples.
Supplies: Participants Should Have Available To Use: White paper – 4-5 pieces per person Scissors, Crayons or Markers
Presenter Bio: https://www.robertjasongrant.com/about-dr-grant/
Due to COVID-19 health concerns, this one-time online event has been approved by APT for 6 CONTACT CE Hours
APT approved provider #98-036
Cancellation Policy: UAPT does not offer refunds for live or recorded webinars.