The Utah Association for Play Therapy is an independent organization representing the Utah branch for the Association for Play Therapy (APT). The Utah Association for Play Therapy is organized as a Utah non-profit corporation.
The purpose of UAPT is to provide a forum for the discussion of play therapy ideas and concerns to fulfill the Association objectives.
The objectives of the UAPT are:
- To seek to advance the discipline of play therapy.
- To promote training, research and the development of materials which will further the practice of Play Therapy.
- To provide ongoing professional development of its members
to inform and educate the general public and the health care community about the role of play therapy in referral, assessment and treatment.
- To promote sound play therapy practices in the interest of society and the individual, advance high standards of professional conduct and provide a forum to address complaints about the unethical conduct of members.
- To advocate for the rights of children, their families and significant others.
- To establish contacts with various organizations for collegial support and educational pursuits.
- To advance high standards of professional conduct by conducting educational and professional meetings and conferences.